If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: The dangers of research...
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The dangers of research...

As a science teacher, research is an integral part of my psychological make up. So I consider reading poker books, articles, and blogs to be another form of research. When I come across some tidbit of information worth considering I go into thought mode and ponder it until I decide to use it or not.

Here’s the latest food for thought from Iggy at Guinness and Poker:

“For you fun-loving recreational players, I remember reading some random Mike Caro article about "protecting your bankroll" in which he espoused that you can be more reckless with a small bankroll than you can with a large one. And more importantly, how most players treat their bankrolls just the opposite. And how, if you have a poker bankroll, it's for poker *only*.In other words, if you have a good job and a few hundred bucks online that is easily replaceable, take some shots.”

Huuummmmmmm…….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home