If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: Bonusville USA
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Bonusville USA

I feel a little like Bill W.

My name is Terry, and I’m a bonus whore.

Everyone say, “Hi, Terry!”

I’ve been reading about chasing bonuses and decided to give it a try on a limited basis and see what happens. I had about $200 or so in my various poker accounts and cashed out $60 (why $60? I don’t know) out of my UltimateBet account and deposited it in my Empire account with the re-load code to see if I could work off a 20 percent bonus.

What do you know…..it worked. I played very conservatively, two-tabling at the $.50/$1 hold em tables and made about $15 while I cleared the bonus. $27 profit in a few days.

Next I opened an account at Intertops and deposited that $90, plus another $30 from UltimateBet to try and clear a 20 percent bonus on $120 at that site. Less than a week later I have $156 in that account, $24 bonus and $12 profit from the games.

So in two weeks I made $63 free and clear. That’s a 31 percent increase in my current on line bankroll without too much effort. Yes there was the usual variance and I found myself stuck in a game from time to time but I played conservative ABC poker betting when I had the best of it and folding when I knew I was beat, and almost always ended a session even money or a little up.

On a side note, I like Party Poker and it’s affiliate sites. Party was the first site I ever downloaded after watching the World Poker Tour and it has a lot of sentimental value, even with it’s Atari-esk graphics. What can I say? I like it when the crowd cheers a win! :-)

So I’ve downloaded all the Party skins on various computers throughout my school so I can chase deposit and reload bonuses in the land where fish swim freely. For any of you squealers out there, I registered and then deleted the programs from the school computers so there is little evidence to support your accusations!

Feel free to say “hi” if you see me chasing a bonus. You can look for me under various combinations of the name “Reed.”

1. Party Poker: mrreed
2. Empire: mr_reed
3. Intertops: Reed_Em
4. PokerNow: Reed__Em
5. Multipoker: Reed_Um

Hey, I don’t care if people know who I am. They still have to beat me!

My name is Terry, and I'm a bonus whore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home