If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: The Ten Commandments of Online Poker
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The Ten Commandments of Online Poker

I recently found these ten commandments on a poker site.

(1) A-A, K-K, Q-Q, J-J, A-K, A-Q suited only!!! Believe me, you will still get sufficient action. If not, change tables.
(2) Thou shall not bluff.
(3) Do not slowplay!
(4) After the flop, do not play without top pair (or better), a flush draw, or a straight draw to the nuts.
(5) Getting raised on the turn/river demonstrates a huge hand. Folding is often correct.
(6) Just because you raised before the flop doesn't mean you need to continue to raise after it.
(7) Do not check-raise for effect. No one gives the check-raise the respect it deserves.
(8) Do not call with just overcards.
(9) Consider playing two games at once. Say you want to play $20-40 limit. Two $10-20 games are easier to beat, and that also helps with the variance.
(10) Always take advantage of the bonuses.

Comments?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

That's good stuff! I'll have to post a link to it this afternoon. Thanks for sharing.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home