If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: The long sweet break.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

The long sweet break.

The two best things about being a teacher, other than working with kids and molding young minds, (yada, yada, yada) is June and July :-) The third best thing is Christmas break. Two solid weeks without having to go to work is so very sweet. Yes, I have wrestling practice, but I do that for fun and it’s not really like work.

So I’m playing a little poker with moderate results. I have placed in the last three SNG’s in a row but had a very unremarkable Omaha 8/b tournament finishing in the top half but not receiving very many premium hands to play. As a matter of fact, I didn’t win one hand for the first 45 minutes.

I am currently running an experiment however where I play O8/b and a SNG at the same time. So far, every time I’ve done it I’ve either made money in the SNG, or in the O8/b game, but not both. It’s great exercise for the mind at any rate.

Thanks for reading and have a Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Merry Christmas, Mr Reed!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home