If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: Toto, we’re not in Vegas anymore…
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Toto, we’re not in Vegas anymore…

Back home again in Indiana! I had a wonderful time in Las Vegas. The bloggers are an eclectic mix that I’m sure will always make for a great time and I am definitely making myself available for the next blogger’s gathering.

Friday evening I strolled into the Excalibur and bellied up to a $2/$6 spread table and sat between Maudy, Dr. Pauly, and his brother Derrick. As a matter of fact, the first hand I won was off Dr. Pauly when he jammed the pot with a pocket pair of 9’s against my AQ which turned two pair.

Does anyone else thing Dr. Pauly looks a little like Gilbert Godfree?

More to follow...

5 Comments:

Blogger Easycure said...

I know I met you, if only for a brief moment. The Aladdin was a sordid, and very fun, affair.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

hey terry - randy gave me all kinds of crap for forgetting to email you before we headed out to dave matthews in noblesville this past weekend. i got an earful of, "how damn cool would it have been to go see dave then play some poker with a blogger??" ok.... my bad! it woulda been cool. sorry i missed ya! the week after vegas though - my head was in a spin all week!! :) we did end up driving through what appeared to be downtown noblesville after we missed the turn onto 37 to get onto I-69 - i saw a sign for some hamilton school and mentioned you (and again got an earful from randy!) LOL

4:27 PM  
Blogger Ignatious said...

was very cool to meet you, terry.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

This is an attempt to answer your last question.

http://idsn.blogspot.com/2005/06/twins.html

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Online poker said...

While you are playing the poker game, It is very pertinent to work with conscious judgment while building the subsequent acts and revolving your bet against opponent’s step. In online poker game,

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home