If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: As the cold north winds begin to blow...
My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I have taken a year sabbatical from my teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean. Does that sound crazy to you?

Friday, September 30, 2005

As the cold north winds begin to blow...

Painful truth update:

2005 on line totals:
April 30, -- $179
May 30, -- $375
June 30 -- $610
July 30 -- $1197
August 30 -- $1227
September -- $1337

Variance has had a big impact on the monthly bottom line. I deposited (actually redeposited) $400 on Party Poker and received a $100 bonus, but other than that weekend I haven't had a lot of time to play recently.

I've taught myself to NOT play when pressed for time. More than once I tried to squeeze in 45 of play because that was all the time I had. Opening up two tables and waiting for the blind to come around, something I ALWAYS do now, left me with a sense of ungency to play. That sense of urgency made me more likely to limp in out of position with a hand that plays well from late position only.

Bad poker player! Negative EV!

My statistics haven't changed much, but if there are ups and downs of $200 or more, and then the month ends during a down time, the bottom line takes a hit. The trend is still upward though and I haven't posted a losing month since I started keeping bankroll records.

One other thing is a certainty and that’s the fact that in looking over all my past deposit records, I have actually cashed out WAY more than I have deposited into online poker sites. I could lose every dime I have online tomorrow and still be in the black playing a game I enjoy.

That’s very cool.

The goal now is to just keep plugging away at the $2/$4, two-table grind until next summer when, baring anything unforseen, I'll move up to the $3/$6 games. They seem to play almost the same as the $2/$4 at Party and so the variance will be proportunately larger but the larger bankroll will make them a little easier to take mentally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home