If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: "You don't have to win very many hands!"
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

"You don't have to win very many hands!"

Painful truth update:

2005 on line totals:
April 30, -- $179
May 30, -- $375
June 30 -- $610
July 30 -- $1197
August 30 -- $1227

I'd like to say that there hasn't been much change in my online play at Party Poker and that I'm playing good hands in good position and am still reeling in the fish.

I'd like to say that.

A $30 profit for a month of play really bites. Were there some big suck outs? A few. Were there fish playing hands they shouldn't play? Always. Did I lose focus of the fact that I don't have to win very many hands in a one-hour session? Most definately!

I had a mid-month slide that included three $80 loss sessions. In evaluating my play I found, among other mistakes, that I was playing suited aces in early position and getting outkicked and calling second pair all the way to the river.

In short, I had become one of the fish.

Stop, evaluate, tighten up......I don't have to win very many hands.

I feel like I'm back on track now posting wins in the last seven sessions. Okay, one was only $8 and I played an extra 45 minutes (see previous post on the damn hammer), but still a win! I was also fueled by a $78 win session where I only played 22 hands, saw 35% of the flops and had KK, KK, AK, AQs, 10 10, and 83s (in the blind) all stand as winners. Boo Yaa!

Excuse me while I go fold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home