If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: I'm off to the WSOP!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Monday, February 07, 2005

I'm off to the WSOP!

Okay....I'm not there yet but I found a site that offers an interesting way to get in. RoyalVegasPoker.com has step-tournaments and here's the information as I understand it: 6 levels, you start at level 1, and work your way up. However, the best part of this is that you don't HAVE to start at level 1, you can start wherever you want!!

Breakdown:
Level 1: $1/$.10, 10 Players1st and 2nd advance to Level 2.
Level 2: $5/$.50, 10 Players1st and 2nd advance to Level 33rd gets a 2nd chance
Level 3: $22.50/$2.25, 10 Players1st and 2nd advance to Level 43rd gets a 2nd chance
Level 4: $100/$10, 10 Players1st and 2nd advance to Level 53rd gets a 2nd chance.
Level 5: $450/$45, 10 Players1st, 2nd and 3rd advance to Level 64th gets a 2nd chance at Level 5.Level 6: $1350/$135, 10 Players1st: $12,500 WSOP package2nd: $1,000

So for the amount of money I can find in my couch, I can make the World Series Of Poker! All I have to do is place in the top two in six tourneys in a row. Tough, but I've done it before.

Now the kicker.....when you sign up, THEY GIVE YOU $10 FREE MONEY!!!!

So all I need is a little luck and great poker play and I'm into the WSOP as a freeroll.

Stay tuned!

Thanks for reading.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home