If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: A simple update
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

A simple update

Wow! It’s been a while since I updated my blog! I’d hate to fall out of grace in the blogger community and therefore thought it prudent to toss together some poker content, but the fact is that I just haven’t been playing much lately.

I went through a bad run on Party Poker last month. Who hasn’t? That’s not a concern. In the Life-Long Poker Game, I’m still up. Numbers don’t lie and I have the spreadsheet to prove it.
The simple fact is that I’ve had a number of distractions lately and haven’t been motivated to attempt to push those distractions aside to concentrate on a playing my “A” game. If I’m not going to play my best I’m destined to toss my chips to the fish like an old man in the park feeding stale popcorn to the pidgeons.

I hate pidgeons.

As Dirty Harry said, “A man’s gotta know his limitations,” and as a member of the only species capable of introspection, having reached the point in our evolution where we are self-aware and base, animal needs are sufficiently satisfied in order to allow us to examine the inner workings of our own individual minds, I peer into my heart and know now is not the time to play.

Or maybe I’m just tired :-)

I’ll be back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home