If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: One more W
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Monday, January 23, 2006

One more W


The Huskies pulled off one more win over the weekend taking first place in the Mid Indiana Conference finishing with three champions and five runners-up.

My son knew he had a tough day ahead of him and that the best he could hope for was probably third place because there are two wrestlers in our conference in his weight class ranked in the top 12 in the state.

I had a HUGE “that’s my kid” moment however when my son beat the wrestler ranked 12th in the state 11-9 in one of those matches that makes you proud to be a coach and a dad. He wrestled his heart out and refused to give up against a wrestler nobody would have picked him to beat and took the kid down with a minute to go and held on to win the match.

The sectionals begin next Saturday.

GO HUSKIES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home